It’s very important to go hunting wearing the appropriate clothing, covering up to ensure that you are safe from harm or sickness (stepping on puddles and having your feet wet can be quite dangerous!). And if there is one pair of footwear I would recommend hunters to invest in, it would have to be the best snake proof boots. You never know what you might step on and the animals you might harm (or who may harm you!).
If you’re still figuring out the type of snake proof boots you need, then read on as I show you my top five choices!
Quick Comparison: Top Snake Proof Boots
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
The Top Five Best Snake Proof Boots
Based on my research, testing, and overall customer reviews, here are the five best snake proof boots you should consider getting now!
1. The Strong And Protective: LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot
What I truly appreciate about the LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot is that it comes with the excellent material that looks and feels amazing. Once the packaged arrived, I was astounded by its quality. It looked strong and can pack a punch. Another plus is that it’s lightweight, so I can bring it anywhere without it feeling too bulky and I am able to wear it without it wearing me down. It’s very comfortable and seems like they will be lasting for a long time. It doesn’t dig in despite any sharp edges or bites! These boots are definitely worth the investment.
- Made of quality materials built to last
- Lightweight and easy to bring around
- Very comfortable and fits well
- Cool design for hunters
- The boots run half a size larger than stated
- Zipper isn’t very durable
2. The Easy Fit: Danner Men’s Pronghorn Snake Side-Zip Hunting Boot
If you’re looking for the ultimate hunting boot that is both protective and cool, then Danner Men’s Pronghorn Snake Side-Zip Hunting Boot is the one you need. I like the fact that it’s non-insulated, so it isn’t only well-fitted, but keeps my feet warm with proper air circulation as well. It also has an excellent speed lace system, making it easy to tighten the boots from the top to the toe area. It also has good heel capture, making the boot true to the size stated. I had no issues in ordering it.
I like its cool brown design and that it feels strong as I go around the fields. I feel confident that they won’t be destroyed anytime soon!
- Nice speed lace system
- True to its size
- Has good and strong quality to last
- Easy to wear and remove
- May hurt your ankles
- Takes time to get the right tightness
3. The Affordable and Lightweight: Irish Setter Men’s 2875 Vaprtrek Waterproof Hunting Boot
If you are on a budget but wouldn’t want to scrimp on quality, then I recommend the Irish Setter Men’s Vaprtrek Waterproof Hunting Boot. It has the ultimate hunter’s design, with the camouflage colors and extra strength to withstand any snake bites or inclement weather. Not only does it have a SnakeGuard construction to protect your lower legs from any fangs or thorns, but it also has a waterproofing system to keep your feet dry no matter what you step on. And another huge benefit is its ScentBan technology, killing any odor-causing bacteria and its abrasion-resistant material to protect your feet and boots from wear and tear.
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Waterproof with ScentBan technology
- Strong enough to prevent any wear and tear
- Good fit and easy to put on
- Affordable price
- Ankle area needs time to break in
- Some complaints of size running small
4. The Comfortable and Durable: LaCrosse Men’s Adder Snake Boot
If you’re looking for something that’s easy to put on without the hassle, then the LaCrosse Men’s Adder Snake Boot is the perfect fit. I like that all you need to do is to slip it on and you won’t have to worry about any laces or what. It’s easy to fit into and true to its size! Another plus is that it’s made of full-grain leather with a nylon upper, making it even more durable than you expect. With its abrasion resistant toe cap and imported quality materials, you have assured something that’s built to last and is worth the price.
- Very strong and comfortable
- True to its size and easy to put on
- Doesn’t take long to break in
- Good design
- A bit too warm for summer
- Sole detaches after a few months
5. The Extremely Rugged And Resilient: Crack Shot Snake Guardz
For those who want something extremely affordable without scrimping on quality, then I would recommend the Crack Shot Snake Guardz boots. You also won’t need to worry about the laces because it’s got a unique design that allows you to simply clip it on without the complication. The boots are extremely light and made of the water-resistant coatings and material to avoid penetration to your feet from thorns or fangs. It also has the unique design for better air circulation, keeping your feet comfortable and breathing. All in all, it’s a good purchase for those on a budget!
- Affordable price
- Waterproof and strong material
- Easy to wear and remove
- Great air circulation
- Affordable price
- Stitching doesn’t look durable
- Would be better if it’s higher on the calf
The Benefits Of Using Snake Proof Boots
I’m sure you’re probably wondering about why you need snake proof boots. Isn’t it enough to use any typical hunting shoes? Well, there have these kinds of boots have many advantages, and it isn’t only about comfort! Here is the benefits snake proof boots have to offer:
This is probably the main reason why I recommend snake proof boots because it provides the ultimate protection you need not only from snakes but from other creatures that may harm you as well. I’m talking about bugs, insects, or other creepy crawlers that can work your way up your feet and cause infections or illnesses. With strong snake proof boots, there’s no need to worry about stepping on any insect or creature-ridden area.
Snake proof boots won’t only provide protection from creatures and insects but also from inclement weather. Your feet are assured safe and free from moisture or wetness from stepping on puddles and mud. That way, you won’t be getting sick anytime soon. Plus, they also provide warmth to your feet even during the cold weather. This is great for those who plan on hunting during winter or rainy days. They are tall enough to provide warmth and keep your feet away from the water.
Stability And Comfort
And finally, you will want hunting boots that don’t only protect your feet, but your whole body from any slips and falls. Thanks to its strength and durable material, these types of hunting boots are built to last for a long time, with the grip you need to walk around fields and rocky terrain. You’re safe from any falls or accidents, no matter where you walk!
How To Choose The Best Snake Proof Boots
Yes, snake proof boots are very advantageous, but only if you choose the RIGHT ones! But out of the many brands and boots to consider, which one is good for you and your hunts? Here are some tips and factors to consider to help you make the selection:
Size and Comfort
Remember that you will need to make sure that the boots are in YOUR size to ensure comfort and good grip. The snake proof boots should be able to be worn easily and without the hassle. Fortunately, many boots have good shoelace systems for adjusting the fit according to your comfort levels. Make sure to read up on reviews and see if the boots you choose are available with your size or run too big/small.
Where Am I Walking?
Not all snake proof boots will be able to make it on all types of terrain and weather. There are some that are best for the hot weather or others that keep your feet warm during the winter. Some can work only on flat ground, while others are great for climbing. Evaluate the hunting fields to figure out if you will need boots according to the hunting scenario you expect. I recommend that you get boots which are waterproof and without any scent, which is vital for staying undetected from deer.
Strength and Durability
When it comes to purchasing the right pair of snake proof boots, you have to be assured that it can withstand the type of weather or fields you are hunting in! You wouldn’t want to return a pair of boots that break while you’re hunting, so look for ones that are made of premium materials instead of scrimp and waste money on cheap, low-quality boots.
Using And Caring For Snake Proof Boots
Now that you’re familiar with how to choose the right snake proof boots for you, how will you be able to use and care for them to last for a long time? Here are some tips to follow:
- Make sure that you clean out your boots after every hunt. This is especially if you have been walking in muddy or wet areas! Rinse the boots under running water, softening any mud and hard dirt. Wipe it with your hands and a soft brush, then rinse it clean.
- If you are hunting on dry conditions, don’t think that your boots are still clean because they don’t have mud. You should still wipe it off with a soft and damp cloth and brush it, removing any dirt particles that were stuck. Avoid brushing your boot harder than what you should do to your own skin.
- You can dry your boots off under the sun or you can also use an electric boot stand to dry it out. But avoid placing them under intense heat such as stoves or fire. This may end up damaging the shoes in the long run. Also, remember to remove the insoles of your boots to ensure that it dries completely and without any bacteria growing inside.
- After you have cleaned and dried your boots, make sure that you condition it right after, keeping its texture and restoring its fibers to last longer.
- When you use your snake proof boots, I recommend that you have polypropylene liner socks to prevent moisture from entering your feet and keeping it comfortable, without blisters. Bring Molefoam padding to treat hot spots in case of extremely hot weather.
- Tie up your shoes carefully and have it keep your feet in place to avoid wounds from walking with too loose or tight boots.
Check out this excellent video to learn how to care for your hunting boots:
Wrapping It Up
When planning your next hunt, it’s time to start also preparing the things you’ll wear, particularly your boots! Remember that it isn’t just about owning the best scope mounts or knowing all about the deer. Your footwear is as vital as your whole outfit when hunting. It’s what will help you stay safe and free from any bites or puddles that may come your way. And with the best snake boots, you won’t need to worry about encountering venomous creatures that may bite you.
Out of all the snake proof boots I tried and tested, the true winner here is the LaCrosse Men’s Venom Scent APG HD Snake Boot. It doesn’t only look and feel great, but it has the strength all hunters need to get through even the muddiest and snake-ridden areas. With its tall shaft and extra-strong heels, you will surely be able to walk for miles as you hunt, all without the worry of any insects or creatures coming your way.
I hope that this article on the best snake proof boots helped you find the hunting footwear you need today. So don’t wait any longer and make the wise investment for your next hunts!
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and experiences on any of these snake proof boots, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.