What I love about hunting would be the endless possibilities one has. Not only will you be able to find places and strategies on how to hunt your prey, but you can also test out the different tools and equipment you can add to your weapons for it to perform even better. After all, you won’t be able to kill and capture your game if you don’t have the proper type of gun or bow. But what should you start investing in when you have a rifle and want precision? That’s where the best m1a scope mount comes along!
Read on as I show you the ultimate purchasing guide to the best m1a scope mount and how to use them.
Quick Comparison: Top M1A Scope Mount
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
The Top Five Best M1A Scope Mount
1. Editor’s Choice: “The Strong and Durable” Springfield Armory M1A Generation 4 Scope Mount
Springfield Armory is one of the most reputable brands for scope mounts, and for a reason. It’s made out of an aluminum and one-piece construction, so you are assured strength and durability to attach on your rifle. It comes with a Picatinny-Style rail that’s light and flawless, without any marks, so it looks clean and professional. It also comes with all the instructions and accessories you need to assemble, so you are ready to use it immediately.
It has a tight fit and handles recoil excellently. While I do wish that they had a better mechanism to secure the bolts (it comes loose at times), it’s still a quality scope mount I recommend using.
- Lightweight and durable construction
- Handles recoil well
- Takes little time to install
- Solid rail that holds the scope well
- You will need to disassemble your gun
- Bolts are a bit loose
2. Runner-Up: “The Excellent Fit” Sadlak Industries M14 Aluminum Scope Mount
From Sadlak Industries is another scope mount made out of the aluminum material for strength and durability. It’s lightweight and feels solid when installed on the gun, with it being able to use iron sights and with the detailed mechanisms to handle tolerance and torque values. It’s effortless to assemble and comes with everything you need, including the information and parts required to install the mount. I love the improved design but similar sturdy performance it continues to offer no matter how long they have been in the business.
The scope mount is tight, fits many rifles like a glove, and though the brass reflects on the scope, it keeps the scope zero despite extreme conditions well.
- The scope is zero under extreme conditions
- No fitting issues
- Solid structure
- Does not move from your gun
- Easy to assemble
- Brass area would reflect under bright light
- Screw holes are a bit off and need correction
3. A Huge Upgrade That’s Worth Your Buck: Sadlak Industries M14/M1A Steel Scope Mount
You might be thinking about how expensive the Sadlak scope mount is, but you’ll see why it’s definitely worth the investment. Instead of the usual aluminum material, it’s made out of steel, so it is as solid as a rock and provides the durability to last for a very long time. It’s a detachable scope mount that’s easy to remove and reassemble without losing zero, which a rail that can provide universal scope mounting and flexibility. It’s hard and durable with a black manganese phosphate finish for a clean and structured design.
It comes with no issues and the rock-solid mount to keep your scopes in place. It fits like a glove and the quality stuff you need, worth the investment when you have the budget.
- Effortless installation
- Solid mount
- No fitting issues whatsoever
- Universal mounting for many types of rifles
- Expensive price
- Hard to remove the scope
4. The Best Scope Mount for Affordability and Construction: UTG New Gen 4-Point Locking Deluxe M14/M1A Scope Mount
If you’re on a budget but want to make sure that you get something worth your money, then I would recommend UGT. It is a deluxe sniper mount meant for both M14 or M1A rifles, with it accepting Weaver-style rings and allows you to use iron sights. It’s made out of aircraft-grade aluminum alloy and a black matte finish to look clean and to perform solidly. Installing without the need for gunsmithing is easy. While I do think that it isn’t as durable or reliable as the other types of more expensive scope mounts, it still is the best purchase for those who want something inexpensive.
- Well-made with a professional finish
- Affordable price
- Easy to install and assemble
- Not as durable, you get what you pay for
- Might not be compatible with some iron sights
5. The Affordable Yet Amazing Performance: AIM Sports M14/M1A Scope Mount
Another affordable purchase, AIM Sports offers an excellent black finish with aircraft-grade aluminum. It does the simple job of mounting your scope solidly and with no hassle of installation. It can be installed in all weaver-standard rings with a side scope mount or weaver to fit most M1A rifles. For its affordability and well performance, I can say it’s worth the price for those who are still beginning and want to get something on a budget first.
- Affordable price
- Black finish that looks professional
- Sturdy enough for most guns
- Can be installed with all weaver standard rings
- You get what you pay for, not very quality
- Might not fit some guns
The Uses of an M1A Scope Mount
Now that you’re familiar with the five best M1A scope mounts, you’ll want to know what these are for and how they work.
A scope mount is installed on top of your gun, near the sight. It provides accuracy, with it magnifying the target and allows you to view what you are aiming for more sharply. Once adjusted, the crosshairs would be centered on your target, and you’ll be able to take the perfect shot.
The scope mount would make it easier for one to focus and keep their eye on the target without you squinting your eyes or having a difficult time trying to keep your eye on your game when you are far away from them. These are best and usually for rifles, and just like purchasing equipment for photography or cars, you will not be able to perform well unless you have the best of these types of tools for your guns!
- Do You Need The Best Laser Bore Sighter? Get Accurate Shots for Hunting Now
- The Best Red Dot Magnifier: Target Better With These 5 Products!
- The Best Scopes for Marlin-336 for Better Accuracy When Hunting!
The Benefits of Using an M1A Scope Mount
But why should you bother investing in an M1A scope mount? Besides their practical methods, what are more of the advantages they can give you?
Ideal for Far Distances
What’s great about scope mounts is that they are meant for those who need to focus on their target from distances as far as 100 yards. There’s no reason to move forward or adjust so you can aim and shoot your target successfully when you already have a scope mount to do the job for you.
Easy To Install
Scope mounts aren’t only affordable and make the best investment for your rifles, but they require only minimal effort to install, only taking a few minutes of your time to upgrade your weapon.
I like the look of scope mouths on my rifle because it looks cleaner and professional. It certainly completes your rifle’s look when you’re hunting without having to do anything but to attach the scope mount to it.
Save Time and Hassle Focusing
Like what I mentioned, scope mouths are ideal for those who are from far distances or just about anywhere to create a better focus on their targets. So instead of you adjusting and having to move to your target (with chances of your game going away), you just need the scope mount to work on the job. No need to move around.
How to Choose the Best M1A Scope Mount
The scope mount is indeed beneficial, but how will you know which one is the best for you? Here are the tips and factors to consider when choosing the best M1A scope mount:
There are two main types of scopes, the fixed-mount, and the detached-mount.
- The fixed mount scope is best for those who need something permanently affixed on their weapon. It provides less risk of damaging parts.
- The detached-mount scope is best for those who own multiple weapons so that they can transfer the scope to any of their guns. It is more flexible though less durable.
Of course, you will want to make sure that the scope mount you choose isn’t only excellent in performance, but robust and durable as well. Check out scope mounts that can do the job of focusing on your target from far distances while staying in place, without any chances of it breaking or having to repair it after a day’s use. Plus, it should have the right fit for your rifle.
Price and Reputation
Your budget is an important consideration here. While there are scope mounts that are affordable and work well, you want to have the price-benefit ratio, so you get what you pay for when investing in these types of scope mounts. Nevertheless, I would recommend that you do your research on the average prices of scope mounts, so you know the real worth of what you are purchasing. And of course, check the reputation of the brands you want, choosing trusted names with legitimate and positive customer reviews.
Tips on Assembling an M1A Scope Mount
Once you own a scope mount, the next question is how you should use it. Here are the tips to follow when assembling and using your scope mount when shooting:
- Clean your scope mounts regularly with the right tools. You should do so with the help of a degreasing agent to remove the traces of oil from the scope mount after a whole day of hunting. Like when you clean your gun, I recommend you to clean the scope mount when it’s new and after using it.
- Use gunsmithing screwdrivers to screw on the scope mount to your gun. This will help secure the scope on your gun without any risk of damaging it.
- After you have mounted the scope, be sure to check the eye relief and that there is enough distance between your eye and the lens. The nose shouldn’t whack your nose.
- When using m1a scope, focus on the eyepiece and in low light to keep the reticle staying sharp while making your aim.
Here is an excellent video that shows you how to use an M1A scope mount:
If you want accuracy and repeatability with your shots, then you should opt for a quality scope mount that will be able to give you the precise targets. With the best M1A scope mount, you’ll be able to capture your game with ease. These align perfectly with your rifle and will have you take your sight from far distances, which is ideal for those on elevated stands or from areas undetected by deer and other animals.
Out of all the scope mounts tried and tested, the best one would have to go to the Springfield Armory M1A Generation 4 Scope Mount. The one-piece construction is made out of the sturdy aluminum that will surely give you the best performance without fail. It also has a rail above the receive that offers the quality performance one needs and expects with sights.
It’s easy to assemble and use, with a light body and no marks. The scope mount also comes at an average price that is worth much more than what you pay for, which is why it’s worth the investment.
I hope that this article on the best M1A scope mount helped you know which one you should choose for better accuracy and precision during your hunts and shooting practice. May you be a beginner or expert shooter, don’t wait any longer and invest in any of these five best M1A scope mounts today.
If you have any questions or would like to share your tips and reviews with the best M1A scope mount, then comment down below. I would love to hear what you have to think.