If you’re looking for a great way to hunt, then using an elevated stand is a great way to go. However, there is another type of way to hunt that not many hunters know about, and that’s through using the best tripod deer stand! But what are these types of stands and what makes them better compared to using other methods of hunting?
It can seem confusing at first, which is why I did the research! Read on as I show you what you need to know about using deer tripod stand and the five best ones for you to choose from!
Quick Comparison: Top Tripod Deer Stand
| Sniper Sentinel Swivel Tripod Deer Stand|
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
The Five Best Tripod Deer Stand Reviews
Based on my tests, research, and overall customer reviews, these are the five best tripod deer stands to invest in now:
1. The Strong and Easy Setup: Sniper Sentinel Swivel Tripod Deer Stand
What I love about the Sniper Sentinel Swivel Tripod Stand is that it was extremely easy to assemble. Though it did have vague instructions, I was able to set it up myself. But that wasn’t the only thing I appreciated. It also had the 360-degree swivel so I was able to look all around me the entire time while searching for deer. It was quiet while swiveling, which made it an even better feature.
However, it did have its drawbacks. The ladder is a bit shaky at first, but it will become sturdy once perched. It also has a few design flaws that would make shooting difficult, but I can still say it’s worth the price with its silent 360-degree swivel seat.
- Easy to assemble without the manual
- Silent 360-degree swivel seat
- It seems sturdy and built to last
- Vague instruction manual
- Ladder is a bit sturdy at first
- Some design flaws
2. The Spacious and Meant for Two Hunters: Guide Gear Tower Tree Stand
What I love about the Guide Gear Tree Stand is the fact that it’s built for two people! It has the spacious area great for one or two hunters, with two comfortable seats available with the swivel features and a four-sided shooting rail. It’s great for hunters who want to teach novices, a husband and wife team, or hunter friends joining forces to capture some game!
With its excellent construction and adequate weight and sturdiness, it’s definitely worth the price. It’s a great deal for its price and I can see that it will last for the long run with its good weight and quality materials.
- Great for two people and with plenty of space
- Tripod is sturdy and built to last for years
- Swivel seats and comfortable pads
- Has a four-sided shooting rail
- The seats aren’t the best quality
- Some parts need a bit of force when assembling them
3. The Lightweight and Durable: Millennium Treestands Aluminum Tripod Stand
If you want something easy to assemble and built to last, then I would recommend the Millennium Treestands Tripod Stand. For starters, it comes with the aluminum frame and body that makes me assured that it’s built to last. I admire how comfortable it is as well, easy to get up and get down from with an equally sturdy ladder. While the seat isn’t swivel, it can support me well enough even at a heavy weight!
I do wish it was a bit taller. However, it’s weight and ease of assembly makes up for it. All in all, I’m impressed and would recommend it to friends! I have no major complaints and will continue to use this if I need something shorter.
- Lightweight and easy to setup
- Extremely well built and long-lasting
- Comfortable seat and supportive for any weight
- It’s easy to get up and get down from
- Not as tall as expected
- It isn’t a swivel seat
4. The Tall and Convenient: Guide Gear Tripod Deer Stand
For those who want something simple yet effective, then I would definitely recommend the Guide Gear Tripod Deer Stand. It was quickly shipped to my doorstep without any problems, with all the parts included and an instruction manual that made it less of a hassle to assemble. I had no issues with assembly and it was all smooth, with the stand looking and feeling sturdy for long-lasting hunts.
Though it is a bit flimsy, I got used to it and practiced my balance with it. As long as you assemble it right and tighten up the screws and parts, you’ll be just fine. It’s worth the affordable price you pay for!
- Affordable price at good value
- Very easy to assemble and setup
- Simple and does the job effectively
- May be a bit flimsy
- Some advanced hunters would want to make modifications to it
5. The Safe and Easy Access: Ameristep Universal XtraTripod
Last but not the least, we have the Ameristep Universal Tripod, which is a great choice for those who want a bit more space while on the tripod and still stay shaded under sun or rain! It has the excellent coverage to keep you cool and dry the entire day as you sit waiting for the game.
It’s pretty easy to setup and stayed sturdy the entire time. It never wobbled and I had no trouble getting up to the stand. The cover was great, I had space to move around and stretch my legs, and there was nothing I could complain about except of the lack of height-adjustable legs!
- Easy assembly and setup
- Has coverage for sunny or rainy days
- Comfortable and spacious
- Sturdy and keeps you balanced
- No height-adjustable legs
- Not as durable as other tripod stands
The Benefits of Using a Tripod Deer Stand
We all know that one of the popular was to hunt is through a tree stand, where you are out of the sight of your game and can sit for longer periods of time. Unfortunately, there are some fields where you can’t find an abundance of available trees to set up your stand in. That’s where the tripod deer stand comes along, which is very beneficial for many hunters.
But how so? Here are just some of the advantages using a tripod deer stand has to offer:
No Need to Look For Trees
What I like about using a tripod deer stand is that it stands on its own, without the need to look for trees to set it up with. That way, you can hunt on open fields while still staying on top of things… Literally! Instead of having to hunt on ground, it keeps you safe and undetected wherever you set it up.
Easy Setup and Transport
Another advantage on tripod deer stands is that they are just as easy to setup compared to using tree stands. I don’t need to worry about having to install a ladder or anything else to trees when they are already built in. Furthermore, they are also lightweight, making it easy to transport and bring around in the hunting field.
Personal Comfort and Safety
Last but not the least, I believe that tripod deer stands are much more comfortable and safer compared to tree stands. They have their own sturdy ladder so I can climb up in confidence, while having enough space to move around compared to a tree stand where I have to sit the entire time. The stand even has a covered shade to keep me away from the sun when in hot weather.
- 5 Best Climbing Sticks: Get To Your Tree Stand Safely Now!
- The Best Tree Stand Bow Holder: 5 Awesome Ones For Easier Hunting!
- The 4 Best Elevator Brackets for Deer Stands to Add Support and Height!
How to Choose the Best Tripod Deer Stand
Yes, owning a tripod deer stand is beneficial, but that is only if you ensure that you choose the quality one! There are many different kinds of deer stands to choose from, making it confusing for many hunters, especially those who aren’t familiar with what deer stands are.
So when choosing the best tripod deer stand, these are the important tips and factors to consider:
Strength and Durability
When selecting a tree stand, you’ll want to focus more on its strength and durability, with the ability to support your weight and equipment while being less susceptible to wear and tear. That way, you won’t have to worry about any damage done and can be confident you can use the tree stand for a long period of time.
Comfort and Safety
Sure, you want to hunt well, but you also have to prioritize your comfort and safety. No on wants to go home injured from a fall or experience cramps from sitting in an uncomfortable position. So make sure that you look for tripod stands with the covered shade, safe and padded seats, as well as the sturdy ladder to get up from easily.
Height and Weight
You’ll want to make sure that you choose a tree stand that has the required height to keep you away from sight but still safe enough for you to sit on. It should also be lightweight but strong, so it’s easy to transport and go around with. Just avoid very lightweight tripods, which can be flimsy!
Ease of Setup and Access
Last but not the least, you should make sure that the tripod stand you choose is easy to assemble when you’re on the field to avoid wasting time and making too much noise that can keep deer away. It should also be easy to go up and down from for safety purposes.
Tips on Staying Safe While on a Deer Stand
Now that you’re familiar with how a tripod deer stand works and how to select the right one, the next question is how to use it properly. While there are instructions on how to set up the tripod stand, you need to ensure that you follow it well and that you also know how to stay safe while hunting on it.
To help you out, follow these tips:
- Even if you won’t be on a tree stand, it’s recommended to use a safety harness just in case of any injuries you may sustain during accidents.
- Stay safe and climb up the tripod stand slowly but efficiently, keeping a pace and balancing your weight to avoid yourself from falling or damaging the stand.
- Where you place your tripod stand is crucial as well. Make sure to place it near game trails which show signs of activity. It should also be places downwind from the target for better accuracy when making your shot.
- Compared to using hunting blinds, you are more exposed. That’s why you should move slowly, and as much as possible, limit your movements. You can lessen your deer detection by wearing camouflage and spraying yourself with cover scents.
- Know the site you are visiting and be patient when waiting for deer. While it can be a pain, it will be worth it once you see a herd waiting nearby!
Here’s a helpful video showing you how to properly set up a tripod deer stand:
Wrapping It Up
And there you have it! With the best tripod deer stand, you’ll be able to stay invisible and away from deer sight, making it possible for you to hunt and catch your game effectively. Plus, no need to hassle yourself in setting up on a tree, making it quicker and more accessible!
Of all the tripod deer stands available, the best one will have to go to the Sniper Sentinel Swivel Tripod Deer Stand. What makes it on top of my list is the fact that it’s able to swivel to all degrees, making sure that you get to see all the action. It’s also lightweight and easy to setup, so there’s no hassle in bringing it in the field.
From its easy transport down to better comfort compared to other stands, I can say it’s worth the price. It’s got all the features I need for better hunting!
Hopefully, this article on the best tripod deer stand gave you an idea on what you should begin investing in today. So don’t wait any longer and look into any of these products now.
If you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences on the best tripod deer stand, then comment below. I would love to hear what you have to think.