Best Carbon Arrows 2017 – Reviews & Buyer’s Guide
If you're looking for a quality arrow for bowhunting, then you'll need to consider the many types of arrows out there. One of the quality kinds you can get today would be the best carbon arrows. They have the strong build to shoot and kill your prey quickly. But with the many brand names out there, which one is the best?
Read on to learn more about how to choose carbon arrows and our top five choices.
**Below, you'll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
What Are Carbon Arrows?
There are many different types of arrows out there:
- Wooden arrows are the authentic and old-school types which are inexpensive and give you the authentic feeling of bowhunting. BUT, they are more prone to breakage.
- Fiberglass arrows are your usual arrows made for the youth, which is consistent but difficult to size it according to your preference and is dangerous due to its splintering and heavy weight.
- Aluminum arrows are accurate and strong with the ability to be custom-made, though they are easy to bend.
- Composite arrows are the best choice for the absolute experts because of its long-distance accuracy, though one of the most expensive ones. You should only purchase one with an experienced coach who can match the spine with your bow.
But what about carbon arrows?
Carbon arrows are made out of carbon fiber, which is light and durable. They are often used during tournaments and are the most consistent out of all the arrows. It offers the strength and accuracy you need, which is also what all bowhunters want. This type of arrow is one of the most popular and favored ones, as they offer better durability than aluminum arrows, lighter than fiberglass, and are one of the most accurate.
Though a bit on the pricey side, it's not as expensive as composite arrows and can pack quite a punch!
Benefits of Using Carbon Arrows
Why should you go for carbon arrows rather than the rest of the regular types of arrows anyway? Here are some of the advantages it has to offer:
How to Tune Carbon Arrows and Tips on Arrow Safety
Now that you know all about the carbon arrows and the benefits they can give you, how can you stay safe while using them? Here are some tips for tuning your carbon arrow and how you can stay safe to prevent accidents and injury:
- If your carbon arrows seem damaged or have already been used, avoid reusing or shooting with a broken arrow. Before shooting your arrow, scrutinize it and make sure that it's free from any damage or crests.
- You can check the arrow through fleecing the arrow, rotating it a bit. If you hear cracking or it twists easily, throw it away.
- When cutting your arrow to give you more control of your shooting, make sure to use only the high-quality tools, such as a high-speed abrasive wheel cut-off designed for arrow shafts. If not, it will leave a rough cut and lessen the accuracy of your shots. Chamfer the shaft to free it from burrs, and clean it with a cotton swab that contains a dab of 91% isopropyl alcohol (don't use rubbing alcohol).
- When you cut your carbon arrow, be sure to use safety measures, such as safety glasses and dust masks. Vacuum up any carbon dust after cutting to ensure a clean and dirt-free area.
How to Purchase the Best Caron Arrows
When choosing the best carbon arrows, you should consider the following points:
Top Five Best Carbon Arrows
Based on our research, tests, and overall customer reviews, here are the top five best carbon arrows to invest in today:
When it comes to bowhunting, one of the crucial things you'll need to invest in would be arrows. Carbon arrows are known to have the advanced technology to make your broadhead fly even better, providing better accuracy and chances of successfully shooting your buck.
Out of all the carbon arrows we reviewed, the best one would have to be the Carbon Express Maxima RED Fletched Carbon Arrow. Known to have the hi-tech carbon material to manage the arrow's spine, you'll have more consistent shots and with the ideal straightness and weight to match.
They will fly straight any time and have the quality to last for the long distance shots you make. For the excellent quality at affordable prices, you're getting something worth more than what you pay for.
I hope that this article on the best carbon arrows helped you become more knowledgeable on what you should invest in the next time you of bowhunting. So what are you waiting for? If you're looking for arrows to accurately shoot every time, then go for the best carbon arrows today.