When you’re planning on deer hunting, you’re probably wondering: How can I carry deer back to my truck after I caught it? Obviously, you wouldn’t carry your game to and from the truck, as this is such a tedious task! That’s where the best deer cart comes along, helping you carry your game easily.
But of all the deer carts available for you to invest in, which one is best? Read on as I show you the top five best deer carts to check out now!
Quick Comparison: Top Deer Cart
| Guide Gear Deer Cart|
**Below, you’ll find our more detailed reviews, but you can also click the links above to see current prices or read customer reviews on Amazon.
Five Best Deer Cart Reviews
Based on my research, tests, and overall customer reviews, these are the top five deer carts you can invest in today:
1. The Strong and Robust: Guide Gear Deer Cart
If you’re looking for a deer cart that’s both sturdy and made of the excellent materials, then the Guide Gear deer cart is right for you. I like the fact that it has the excellent cart framing that makes it built to last for many hunts. It’s also extremely easy to bring around because it’s lightweight and can be folded.
However, it does have its downfalls. Its pins aren’t made of the quality materials and I recommend that you use a different set of stronger pins, as the original ones tend to wobble a lot. But once you have it fixed and modify it to your expectations, then you can enjoy it because you can bring it around anywhere without the worry of its wheels breaking. All in all, a fair price for any hunter!
- Solid wheels can be taken anywhere
- The cart is foldable and lightweight, easy to bring
- Can carry very heavy loads and is dependable
- Sturdy construction built to last
- Requires stronger pins and modifications
- Might be susceptible to rust
2. The Heavy-Duty and Durable: Leader Accessories Super Mag Hauler Steel Hunting Deer Game Cart
What I love about the Leader Accessories Super Mag Hauler is that it has the heavy-duty construction and the carrier to keep your kill in one place while you wheel it to your truck. I appreciate that it comes with the hauler that can handle extremely heavy loads of up to 550 pounds!
When you receive the cart, you can see its strong construction already, made out of the heavy-duty steel and robust frame. Its platform has a lot of room to offer, with a two-buckle strap to keep your deer in place as you wheel it back to your vehicle.
Easy to assemble and can be pushed around anywhere, this is the next best thing if you’re looking for something sturdy
- Heavy-duty steel frame for durability
- Has a platform with plenty of room for your kill
- Easy to assemble the cart
- Easy to pull and push around
- Tarp isn’t as heavy-duty as the frame
- No plate over the spokes
3. The Easy to Transport: Best Choice Products Deer Game Hauler
I like the construction and design of Best Choice Products Deer Game Hauler because it is hassle-free to bring around. It comes with the long frame and handles to carry your game of up to 500 pounds. Furthermore, it also has the removable wheel to make it easy to fold and store or transport it around when hunting.
It’s made of the robust steel and feels just as strong as it looks. however, while the tires are solid and meant to stay secure in any rough terrain, the tires are smelly and takes time to reduce the stink. Other than that, there are no major issues with the cart and is still well worth the investment.
- Easy to put together
- Pushes and pulls nicely
- Made of the durable material and steel frame
- Big and strong wheels meant for any terrain
- Tires have a stinky smell
- Some complaints of the handle angle
4. The Adjustable and Secure: Rage Powersports Game Cart
Another durable deer cart comes from the Rage Powersports GAME-CART Game Hauler. It’s your basic and solid were cart made of the steel axle and solid rubber tires with steel spokes and rims.
What makes it one of the best is how easy it is to assemble. You don’t need extra tools to set it up or fold down for storage or travel. Also, I appreciate the brown finish that makes it concealed when bringing it to the field. It does the job when it comes to bringing my game or equipment around, and while there’s nothing fancy about it, that’s what makes it a good investment.
- Extremely durable and built to last
- Easy to push and pull around any terrain
- Solid tired for strength to move around
- No told required to assemble the cart
- Would be better if the handle was longer
- Takes a while to fold it down for storage
5. The Excellent Construction: Goplus Folding Deer Game Cart
Last but not the least, we have the Goplus Folding Deer Game, a more affordable deer cart compared to the others mentioned. While it comes at a cheaper price, it doesn’t scrimp on its strength! It has the solid construction and the ability to carry game or equipment of up to 500 pounds. The cart also has the large space for big equipment or game.
As for its portability, I appreciate that it has the foldable design that’s easy to set up or disassemble. It’s convenient to store or travel with, being lightweight but with the heavy weight capacity! So if you’re on a budget, this is the right deer cart for you.
- Comes with a good warranty
- Foldable design for ease of transport or storage
- Lightweight with the heavy-duty construction and weight capacity
- Large space to carry big game and equipment
- Need to modify wheels for strength
- Pins aren’t as durable
Benefits of a Deer Cart
You’re probably wondering: What does a deer cart have to offer anyway? Even I had my doubts when it came to investing in a deer cart. However, once I did my research, asked around, and used one myself, I found out that there are so many things it has to offer! Here are just a few of its advantages:
Easy to Bring Home Deer
The main reason why you need the deer cart is so you can bring home your kill efficiently! Deer can weigh up to 200 pounds and not a lot of people can carry that on their own. Some drag it and it takes a lot of time, which would be a waste of effort on your side.
Portable and No Hassle Traveling
Another excellent feature about a deer cart is how easy they are to bring or store. This is because they have the foldable properties and lightweight construction despite it being able to carry heavy loads. Simply fold it and place it in your truck or home when not in use, without it taking much space!
Can Also Carry Gear
What’s awesome about using a deer cart is that it isn’t only used for carrying deer but can also be used for carrying your gear as well. It saves you a lot of effort that way, thanks to the heavy weights a deer cart can handle. No need to bring extra backpacks!
Great Alternative to ATVs
While you can drive your truck or ATV going to your game, there are times it’s impossible to get there with the unsuitable terrain. Plus, using ATVs is illegal in some areas and states, which is why using a deer cart is the next best alternative. You also lessen the hassle of going back to your truck to drive.
How to Choose the Best Deer Cart
Using a deer cart is extremely beneficial if you’re targeting big game like bucks, but you can only take advantage of these benefits if you choose the deer cart suitable for you! For those who aren’t familiar with how to select the best deer cart, here are some tips and factors to consider:
Weight and Size of the Deer Cart
The first thing you have to consider is how big the deer cart is and how much it weighs. After all, you wouldn’t want to tire yourself out carrying a clunky deer cart. The deer cart should be at a right size to fit your kill while still staying lightweight to lessen the trouble of carrying your deer.
Weight Capacity and Straps
Next up, the deer cart should have the excellent weight capacity. I recommend that you get deer carts which can carry up to 500 pounds or more, as bucks can get quite heavy!
Also, the cart should have the strong and adjustable straps to cover your big bucks, ensuring that it stays secure while dragging it.
Wheels and Excellent Construction
Another factor is its wheels, as you need something with big and strong wheels that can be used on any type of terrain. It reduces the risk of damage while making it easy to use on the field. Also, a well-constructed cart should have a low center of gravity to avoid it from tipping over.
Frame Material and Durability
The frame of your chosen deer cart should be solid to ensure that it lasts for a long time and for many hunts ahead. I recommend that you get carts made of the strong aluminum or steel, which are known to last.
Tips on How to Use a Deer Cart
Now that you’re familiar with the benefits of the best deer cart and how to choose one, the next question is: How can you use it properly to ensure that you carry your game safely and without trouble? Here are some tips to follow:
- If you want to dress your kill on the field itself, then I recommend that you get the lightest but sturdiest knife. The big game should be dressed immediately to ensure the highest quality of meat.
- If I don’t have a game yet and am still looking for the best area to find deer, then I recommend that you use the cart to carry your trees hands and other bulky equipment (like your elevated stand) to lessen the hassle. Make sure that they’re strapped in well to avoid making noise or damaging your hunting stuff!
- Once you have caught your oil and placed it on the deer cart, ensure that it is well-strapped and ready to be wheeled to the truck. That way, you won’t have to worry when wheeling it on tough terrains that may move your kill.
- When you place the carcass on your truck, position it to allow air circulation on all sides. Use clean wrapping or cheesecloth to protect your game and its meat.
Here’s a helpful video showing you about how you can use the deer cart efficiently:
Wrapping It Up
We know how tedious it can be to bring a deer back to your truck and home. But with the best deer cart, you won’t have to worry about carrying it anymore! You can do it on your own and feel the success of capturing your game all by yourself.
Out of all the deer carts tried and tested, the best one would have to go to the Guide Gear Deer Cart, which has the quality materials made to carry your game without the hassle or worry of it falling. While it does require some modifications to meet your needs, it comes at the fair price that makes it worth the purchase.
It works as described and you can use it for one person. Plus, you’re assured that it will last in the long run, which is the reason why I recommend this product the most of all carts!
I hope that this article on the best deer cart reviews have you an idea of what you should invest in today. So don’t wait any longer and begin looking into any of these deer carts today!
If you have any questions or want to share your tips and experiences on the best deer cart, then comment below. I would love to hear what you have to think.